April 22, 2024

Dear Blog

Today is a good day...I think. On April 8, 2024 I took a ride out to the house we left to the kids upon my husband's death. The house and acre was much too large for me to maintain (and too many memories). No one was home and while there I tried uprooting a couple of my favorite peony flowers. I dug down in the dirt around the new shoots as far as I could and heard a cracking noise when removing from the soil. Poop!  Probably wasting my time. I filled a couple of storage bags with a damp towel and covered with dirt, stuck the shoots in the dirt and zippered the bags half closed. I transplanted them a couple of days later after arriving to my new (4+ years) home.

I forgot about them until today and I decided to check on their well being. I expected to see nothing but shriveled up or disintegrated blobs. OMG! It appears they are not dead. The largest shoot is bent over but still has reddish color and some life. It is cold but I will start documenting with pictures, keeping my fingers crossed. I have  also purchased wild flower seeds, creeping phlox, Cosmos and various poppy seeds and one Crimson Red Poppy plant. I am preparing the soil, removing weeds, I will plant Memorial day taking pictures and inserting markers as to what I plant and where.

No comments:

Post a Comment